Friday, April 22, 2011

Because You've Got to Have Friends

I would like to point out that many of you have developed friendships with people over this space aged thingy that they call the Internet.  Great friendships, but private ones for the most part; your friends & family may not be aware of your very good long distance friends.  

In light of one of my very good friends recent experience, having her house blasted nearly apart by a tornado, I felt that I should encourage people to have some sort of emergency notification buddy who would, in the event of the unimaginable, be willing to send a note to your long distance peeps so that they know if something has indeed happened, rather than just an open ended disappearance from online.  No one wants one of their friends to be missing.

My dear Annie showed just why I love her, & I do, for when I called to see how she was, her reply was "well I don't live in the woods anymore".  Her unbelievable sense of humour having close to 100 of her 40 year old trees uprooted lets me know she'll be just fine.  A major remodel to plan, cats & 'coons to keep her busy & smiling & wonderful neighbours chipping in.  Who wouldn't for such a wonderful woman!!  Glad you are safe love!!

How can I not drive down with my guitar for Anniestock now???

2 comments:

  1. Hello, my favorite Green Eyed Girl :)
    You are such a sweetheart to put up these kind thoughts of me. It really cheered me up to have your phone call after the tornado went through :)
    You know me well...the trees are the most precious things I lost. I can't even tell you how much I miss them. One of my favorite sights each evening was to watch the sunset through the Pines...now it's just empty space. We will re-plant them but it won't really be for our benefit...it will be for the next lucky people who live in this beautiful little spot we now call home. It's the least we can do...
    Sometimes, when you lose something precious it changes everything about you...it leaves you reeling. But it also makes you think of what matters most in life and how best to express your love in this world. It's always someone's turn in this crazy world and our number was up...we were very lucky that it wasn't worse.
    How could I not laugh a little? :) I'll never forget how overwhelmed I felt when we went outside at daybreak and saw the carnage left behind. I also will never forget the sight of neighbors coming from all over to help us. Kindness and caring made an impossible day to get through quite doable.
    I also will never forget your phone call...
    I like your idea of an online buddy to inform good online friends of events beyond control.
    I really hate it when someone disapprears and you don't know why :(
    Thank You for the years of friendship :) It won't be long we will be sitting by a camp fire and singing songs together...love you lots and lots :)
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, losing something precious, that is beyond your control, is one of the worst things that can happen to a loving heart. Life does go on, but the memories of that which was precious will stay with you long after it has been removed from your life. A strong heart, a good sense of humour & the love of friends is always a kind comfort while you adjust. xoxo

    ReplyDelete